Thursday, March 26, 2009

no eye has seen ...



On my way home from work yesterday, I noticed that the sun was beginning to set as I approached Rehoboth. Fortunately, sunset was at 7 PM and I would have time to get home, eat quickly and rush out to see the painting that my heavenly Father was creating. Remembering that the sun sets in the West, I drove to an open field that faced toward Providence. The photograph of that golden sunset was my reward. I am now starting to understand why landscape photographers are so excited about the "golden hour."

As I worked on the image, cropping away the unnecessary details this amazing verse of Scripture came into my mind. It's from the Apostle Paul's first letter to the church at Corinth in the 2nd chapter, the 9th and 10th verses ... However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” -- but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

As I was driving home, looking at the sun in the sky I knew that the sunset would be beautiful -- I didn't know just how lovely it would be. I think that the Father gave me a taste of how much greater His plan for eternity is than my idea of heaven.

If the sunset taught me anything, it is this -- I can't even begin to imagine the beauty that awaits those who are in Christ. The really neat part is that we won't have to rush through supper to see it! And like the sunset, salvation is a free gift of God.

Keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment